According to Seek’s (Australia’s leading Job Portal) annual Salary Review, the average salaries in Australia in the 12 months to June 2014 is $79,767 per annum.
The industry with the highest average salary is still mining, even if those salaries have dropped by 10 per cent.
The average Australian miner is being rewarded with $120,793 a year for their efforts.
The remainder of the top five highest paying industries are (Salary Per Year):
• Consulting and strategy: $108,225
• Engineering: $105,608
• Construction: $104,754
• Information and communication technology: $99,065.
Here are some more average salaries around the country:
• Community services and development in NSW: $66,254
• Real estate and property in NSW: $69,151
• Administration and office support in NSW: $54,706
• Government and defence in QLD: $86,334
• Healthcare and medical in QLD: $86,271
• Marketing and communications in QLD: $76,593
• Banking and financial services in WA: $84,475
• Manufacturing, transport and logistics in SA: $75,219
• Advertising, arts and media in SA: $65,212
Also read the following article on news.com.au :